Google
 

12 October 2008

ALLY PALLY AND THE STASH BUSTING CROCHET HOOK



I have now recovered from the previous two days of manic enjoyment. I went to Alexandra Palace on Friday for a mammoth, crafty shopping spree and yesterday to help out on the association stand.



I bought lots of fun things and found all sorts of wonderful stands - my favourite purchase, at the moment, is the giant crochet hook that I bought from Rachel John Extreme Textiles.




I've named it The Stashbuster because you have to use a multitude of yarns to create a single strand to work with - However - boy is it quick - I'm on my way to making a cushion cover which by the time I've finished will take approx 2 hours or maybe a little more with the finishing.




For the first few rows it was a little awkward to use, but then I adjusted and I was away like the clappers and, seeing as a project can be completed in so little time, it's not a problem for the wrists either. I also bought some matching humungous knitting needles and a normal, sensible sized, double ended and rather pretty crochet hook by knitpicks (from Get Knitted) - it's the little one in the pic above.



This picture is showing some tunisian crochet (Left) and some garter stitch knitting (Right).







Some of the samples on the stand.



Finally in the tools department (loosely speaking) I bought some miniature, wooden knitting needles with hand painted blobs on the end - I don't particularly intend to knit with them - I wanted them, in the main, to be hair sticks. They came from a very friendly stand called Knitting 4 Fun, who also stocked an interesting array of fine fibres and posh yarn.





These are size 5.5 mm needles and they're about 6 inches in length

1 comment:

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Wow! Those needles and hooks are huge. You could knit up something in no time at all. One of my other blog friends was at the Ally Pally Knitting and Stitch show. I'm so envious. It looks like a great show. Thanks for sharing your pictures.