Google
 

11 January 2009

MY SWAP PACKAGE CAME - HOORAH



Yesterday was a good day - the best for a while, in fact - there was an early start as we were getting the house ready for a new arrival (this is nothing to do with textiles or craft) - by 11.15 she'd arrived and was safely ensconced ......




Meet Bumble - she's the 1 year old bunny from a friend at work who could sadly no longer keep her.








We decided to go out for a late (and lazy) breakfast, and just as we were leaving postie arrived and signed that he had something for us - there was a box for me that had travelled all the way from New Zealand - it was my colour swap package BounceI went all round Tescos saying 'I've got a parcel' with a silly grin on my face!




When I got home I could hardly wait to get it open and this is what I found






I'm chuffed to bits with it - can woolly things wear out if you pet them too much?




The fibre and the yarn will, no doubt appear in later posts :-D - I don't yet know what I want to do with them, so I shall just admire them until inspiration strikes. There were also some girly stitch markers, and sweet smelling, hand made soaps and sweeties and all sorts of other goodies. Christmas all over again!




Later in the day we had a friend over to stay and took him to our fave Italian restaurant (his birthday pressy). So all in all a jolly good day.





1 comment:

~ Phyllis ~ said...

What a great day. Such a cute bunny. I know what you mean about petting wool so often. I just love to touch yarn and fiber. I also love to smell it. Is that not weird?