Google
 

4 July 2008

I FEEL LIKE THE QUEEN

Gosh it's been a good morning - the postman has been and he brought me lovely pressies. I feel like I've just had a second birthday!






Last month it was my real birthday and I was given lots of loverly money to spend. Needless to say I imediately went mad on Etsy and ordered a selection of bits and pieces - mostly spinning related.






Yesterday after a tiring day at work I arrived home feeling a little flat - soon after there was a ring at the door - my neighbour delivering some lumpy post that wouldn't go through the letterbox - and...YIPPEE - it was some scrumptious fibre that I'd ordered from Frog Hair Fibres. one called Carnivale and the other Goddess - both very aptly named I feel.






This morning I couldn't wait to start spinning Carnivale and, just after getting stuck in, the bell went again - postie delivering more lumpy post - WOOHOO - this time it was a lovely little fabric basket that I'd chosen with the express intention of putting hand spun balls of yarn into it, and also a hackle complete with diz and clamps from Catskill Mountain Fibers. I am delighted with the hackle - it's nicely made and finished, so now I'm torn between carrying on spinning the fuzz I started on this morning, and getting out some more fuzz and blending it on the hackles! I just love the roving that comes from using a hackle and diz to blend colours. (mmm can feel another post coming on)!






Below is a pic of the basket from Wrap 2 Patch









links:






wrap 2 patch












catskill mountain fibers












frog hair fibers









1 comment:

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Hi Spinnerlady,
I hope you don't mind that I have added your blog to my Favorites Link on my blog.
Happy spinning